- Termites have been found across 70 percent of the world and have survived environmental changes for more than 250 million years, adjusting to most any climate.
- Termites are found in every state in the United States except Alaska.
- Termites feed on cellulose, which can be found in high moisture wood.
- Americans spend more than $7 billion every year treating for termites and repairing the damage they cause.
- Termite damage can go undetected for years.
- Termite damage is not covered by most homeowners’ insurance policies.
- Some termite species need only a space one-sixteenth of an inch wide – the thickness of a piece of paper – to enter a home.
- Signs of a termite infestation include wood damage, such as small holes in wood; crumbling drywall; sagging doors; swarms of termites (usually occurring in spring); and piles of discarded wings.
- There are five major types of termites throughout the United States: Eastern Subterranean termites, Western Subterranean termites, Desert Subterranean termites, Formosan Subterranean termites and Drywood termites.
Castle is a Certified Termidor Professional. Visit our Services page for information on our spot and full termite treatments which come with full 1 Year and 10 Year Warranties.